The impact your generosity can make
Donations to United Way Simcoe Muskoka positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of people across Simcoe Muskoka every year. The following is a brief list of highlights that show what a difference United Way and our community partners made last year alone*:
• 8,732 Simcoe County residents found/retained affordable housing.
• 2,186 hours of adult literacy tutoring were delivered.
• 165 seniors with hearing loss felt safer and less isolated.
• 615 people looking for affordable assistive devices found the item(s) they needed.
• 8,185 no-cost rides increased the health and well-being of those receiving the service.
• 1,701 new volunteers became engaged in their communities and affected positive change.
• 1,682 military children attended programs designed for their unique situation and environment.
• 87% children in affordable, safe after-school programming made new friends.
• 88% of mentored kids showed improved literacy skills
• 99% of caregivers reported improved coping and parenting skills.
* This is a sample of UWSM Community Impact work across the region in 2015/2016, and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing.