Responsible stewardship of our community's resources
At United Way, our donors are the foundation of what we do. We are dedicated to putting your support to work here at home – and maximizing its impact. Your generosity helps thousands of people every year by strengthening individuals, families and communities across Simcoe Muskoka.
We work every day to maintain the confidence of our community through fundraising best practices and transparent accounting.
United Way Simcoe Muskoka is a Canadian registered charity in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Our most recent Annual Report and audited financial statements are available on our website. Additionally, CRA provides details of our corporate charitable tax returns within the Charities and Giving section of its website.
We keep our costs low by:
• Maintaining a strong internal fundraising department. We do not hire third-party or commissioned fundraisers.
• Leveraging the tremendous work of hundreds of volunteers in workplaces across the region – including those who work for UWSM on behalf of their employers during our campaign.
• Adhering to an internal mission to run a lean and efficient organization. We work hard to keep our costs low, and partner extensively across sectors to maximize every donor dollar.
• Benefitting from supportive regional media who provide pro bono advertising; and generous professionals who donate creative services.
• Engaging in social enterprises initiatives that earn revenue to provide a stable administration for our work, and ensure the community impact of valuable donor dollars are maximized.
Please direct queries to our Director of Finance & Operations John Morrison B.A., C.P.A., C.G.A., who will readily respond to finance-related queries from community stakeholders.
Charitable registration number: 11879 9485 RR0001